Thursday, May 3, 2012

Pros and cons

First of all, they've changed blogger on me so this is kind of different to look at. Second, I've been here a while now, and there are definitely some pros and cons to living alone. Let's start with the pros. Pros - Independence. I can come and go when I please. I can watch what I want to watch. I can cook what I want to cook. Mind you, I had a lot of this while living at home as well, considering I came and went when I wanted to, having a tv in my room and working slightly off hours so I'd have to cook either a little before or a little after everyone else. - Privacy. At home, I'd need a towel or bring my clothes into the bathroom to change after a shower. Not so while alone. (Don't judge, you do it too...or you would if living alone.) No, not near windows, just down the hall to the bathroom. Cons - Loneliness. There's no one else here. I don't like that. I like knowing there's another person in the house, that if something happens, someone else is here. I don't care if I don't even talk to them, just their presence is enough to make me feel comfortable. - Coming home. I get off at 6 during the week, 7 on Saturday. I don't get home until about 45 minutes to an hour later, depending on where I am, busing and if I have to get something on my way. I don't get to eat until a while later. Even though I'm used to coming home and cooking my own food, it'd be nice to come home to a meal already cooked for me, or on the way to being cooked. I don't like the lonely. Approximately 55 days left.

No comments:

Post a Comment