Thursday, September 22, 2011

Coffee free. God Help Me.

So, after Saturday's....adventure, I woke up Sunday with a killer stomach with lots of nauseous feelings. I stayed in bed most of the day. Naturally, I blamed it on the alcohol. However, when I woke up Monday and felt just as bad, I knew something wasn't right. What made it worse, I couldn't even physically touch my stomach without it hurting. So I went to the doctor. I told him that I was having night-time heart burn, but it was alleviated by taking an antacid at night and elevating my head and shoulders while sleeping. However, the past few nights I had nausea instead of heartburn (didn't mention the alcohol) and today my stomach was killing me. He told me to lie on the table and he pressed right in the center of where my pain was, and said "yup. Gastritis." It's an inflammation of the stomach which he said came about because of too much acid. The antacid at night is good but I needed more to get rid of all the pain. So he gave me a prescription and gave me strict orders about something.

No coffee.

Actually, no caffeine, which includes no coffee, no tea, no fizzy drinks, no colas. I could still drink decaf though, but that's not the same.

Right now, I'm on day 2 of no coffee. It's not easy. I'm tired a lot, loss of focus. Hopefully that won't last much longer. And I did have decaf, but no, it's not the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment