Saturday, July 16, 2011

Borrowed Energy

As most people know, I have good days and bad days. And today, it wasn't a good day. I don't really know why, but it wasn't. I just...didn't feel good. Maybe it's because I felt good yesterday. Too good. Like I had to borrow the good from another day to make up for it.

Yesterday, or rather, at midnight, was the premiere of the final Harry Potter movie, so my friend and I went. I haven't went to a midnight showing so it was exciting. And yes, we were there at 6:30, despite the show not starting until midnight. But a former classmate was in front of us and some pretty awesome people were behind us. One of them was a dead ringer for Eliza Dushku (Faith on Buffy the Vampire Slayer).

We got in the theatre before 10, and we had a trivia contest. We were told there was no prizes and you'd just get the glory for knowing the most about Harry Potter. I got an answer right (actually my hand was raised before the question was even finished being asked. I was going up there) so I got to go to the front for an elimination round. I'd get very excited when I knew an answer even when it wasn't my question. I managed to make it to the final two with....the Eliza clone! It was exciting and intense but in the end, after several questions we either both got right or both got wrong, I won. And then he gave me a Snape poster because I said Snape was my favourite character.

And then the movie started. I laughed. I cheered as some villains died and heroes did some of their memorable lines and actions did from the books (Molly Weasley and Neville Longbottom are big examples here. If you know what I'm talking about, you know). I cried when a character died and we got to see their flashback memories. Again, if you've read the book, you know who I'm talking about.

But with all the excitement from yesterday...today was just a drag. It felt long and slow at the same time, my mood has been low for most of the day. I guess we'll see how tomorrow goes to see if I've borrowed anymore energy.

Oh, and I got a new job. I now work in the toy department of Wal-Mart.

No comments:

Post a Comment