Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Summer Nights

One of the nice things about summer is that I can come out on the deck at midnight and use my laptop, which is what I'm currently doing. Usually, no one else is around, unless it's a weekend and there's a party somewhere nearby. It's quiet, cool and dark. My house is often loud, warm and bright. But, being in the middle of a set of row/townhouses, it gets warm very easily.

It's good for the laptop too. She's getting almost three years old, and her fan (among other things) doesn't work as well as it used to. Overheating is common, so getting her out into the cool air is great. Even though it's dark, I've spent enough time on the computer to know where the keys are, so typing isn't a problem. Unfortunately, as mentioned, the old girl is starting to get up there. Her battery is shot, which means I only have 33% battery as of right now. Maybe I should go back in.

And now I'm inside.

I saw my family doctor today. He wants to keep me on the pills until I start more therapy, despite me telling him I didn't think they were working. He told me to go out in the sun and see how it goes after therapy. I still haven't heard from the therapy people. I called but they didn't call back. I'll try again tomorrow.

I don't mind going out in the sun, but I don't like being too hot. I'd rather go out in the evening/night.

No comments:

Post a Comment