Friday, July 22, 2011

Midnight Queries

What brings about feelings of sadness almost randomly? And why do they happen more often at night? Even though I prefer the nighttime, I'm the most lonely then. I don't know why. Maybe because a lot of people are gone to bed. It's at night when I feel most like maybe my medications aren't working.

Why does it feel like something is missing? I don't feel like a whole person. What would make me feel whole? If going away is an option, would I feel better? Would my problems stay here or will they follow me wherever I go?

I feel like I should write more, but I honestly don't know what to say. If anyone has insight on why there appears to be more depression from me at night, I'd appreciate it.

1 comment:

  1. The night has always been a time that belongs to our darker thoughts. Shadows can be anything our minds want to make of them. It's harder for the formless fears to seem real in the daylight.

    Might be something about tonight in particular. I had a bout of existential anxiety tonight. I was absolutely dropping, but when I went to the bathroom to get ready for bed I saw a book I need to return to my mother and somehow that wound up with being terrified of there being absolute nothingness after I die. Came right out of left field. And now I can't sleep, completely creeped out by my own thoughts.

    Don't know if that actually helps, but sometimes misery does love company.

    ReplyDelete