Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Another Nanaimo Test

I just ate another Nanaimo bar. This one was from a convenience store/bakery/deli near my house. Let's see how it stacks up:

- the chocolate: When I got it in the bag, the top was coming off. I was not impressed. The chocolate was also soft. It was like they just laid they made the bars, cut them and then put the chocolate rectangle on top to match the shape of the bar. Not good.
- the cream. I'll give it points for the amount of cream. However, the cream was almost TOO creamy. It was very mushy, and I could still taste icing sugar, if that was somehow possible. Not good.
- the bottom: The redeeming factor. It wasn't perfect, but it was very good. The bottom was a little course, but not too course. I think it might have been a little too dark though. Other than that, it was a great bottom.

Overall, not a great Nanaimo bar. Points award to the bottom and amount of cream. However, points are taken away for the chocolate and texture/test of the cream.

The quest will continue.

You know, maybe I should come up with a rubric. That way, you'll know exactly how everything is and I can accurately give each bar a score. Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment