Friday, May 6, 2011

Nanaimo Bar Quest!

In the past week, I've had two different nanaimo bars from two different cafes. I had one on Sunday from Hava Java and one today from Second Cup. If you're not sure what a nanaimo bar is, you can check it out at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanaimo_bar.

Now, different places differ slightly on how they make their bars. Based on the two I've had, the top is better at Hava Java and the bottom is better at Second Cup. I like the bottom to not be too rough. The top needs a fair amount of icing and more than just a sliver of chocolate.

So I've decided to start a quest, looking for the perfect nanaimo bar! If I see one, I will eat it and try to figure it out.

It must be hard to find! I can't even find a picture of what looks like a great bar. There's either not enough icing, or chocolate or the bottom looks too roughy/nutty.

I know it's out there somewhere. Someday, I will find it!

No comments:

Post a Comment