Saturday, May 14, 2011

The quest continues...

The search for the best nanaimo bar continued today! Today was the annual church spring sale, which, along with three meals comes a lot of cookies. I knew there had to be a nanaimo bar somewhere! And I found one.

I don't know who made it, but let's start with the top:

chocolate layer - the chocolate tasted nice, but it wasn't hard enough. However, I may have to let that go due it probably being left out, meaning it could have melted a bit.
filling - Nice and creamy. Can't complain.
bottom - if it was another cookie, it'd be good. However, the bottom of a nanaimo bar shouldn't taste like a brownie, which that one did. The bottom should be a bit more wafery, a bit more texture than this one did.

Overall, not bad. It won most points on its custard filling.

The search will continue...

In other sale news, picked up a few books, helped the book sale make over $500, which is probably the best it ever has. At least, it has in my memory. I got some fudge and some Scottish Tablet, which is pretty much sugar, condensed milk and more sugar. It's SO GOOD! Also picked up a few earrings. One of them is arrows, which is pretty neat. I enjoy it!

I also held two babies which is always a joy. One liked me because she could take off my glasses. The other didn't so much, probably because I was not food. But maybe, in time, this baby will like me too.

For now, I will continue my search for the nanaimo bar and will keep you updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment