Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Upgrades of Life

In our lives, we're always upgrading, going from one thing to something better. Sometimes, we do it because technology requires us to upgrade. They don't make VHS anymore, so buying a VCR isn't a great idea. Sometimes, something is old and doesn't work well, so we need something new, like a new car. Sometimes...well...sometimes, you just want to upgrade.

When I look at the things I have, I think how I'd like to upgrade: newer laptop, smartphone, HDTV. I wonder why I'd want to upgrade. My laptop is about three years old, and things are breaking on it. The dvd player doesn't work, it doesn't recognize the webcam and the battery is shot. If I were to get a new laptop, I could justify it. The smartphone - well...everyone else has one! Why do I have a feeling that's not a good enough argument? If I wasn't living home, or if I was more popular, than maybe I could. But not now. Maybe I just want one because I'm jealous everyone else does. HDTV...well, I needed a new tv, and I got the cheapest TV I could find...which was also HD. Getting the HD box and subscribing to HDTV seems like the next logical step.

I can also upgrade my clothes! I've lost 15lbs and I'm proud to say I'm done a size in my clothes! That makes me so...I don't know how to describe it. Someday, I'll get a little smaller and I can wear even more clothes that fit me well. I know I won't be small, since I don't think I'm genetically able to be bone-skinny. But at least I'm not a plus size anymore :)

So, now do I upgrade? I got new clothes, so now I just need to figure out what now.

Also, no new news on the nanaimo bar quest.

No comments:

Post a Comment