Monday, June 27, 2011

The Two Mes

I don't think it's any secret that I have self-esteem problems. In fact, the nurse I saw last week wrote it in big letters, underlined and circled it. But there is another problem, which I don't think can be fixed by a therapist.

There are two sides of me which don't overly go together. At least, not in the fashion sense. It's not a huge problem to find clothes to match my nerdy side. In fact, I'm currently sporting my faded Ralph Wiggum "I'm Special" t-shirt. I also have the "Bazinga" shirt which people seem to love. I recently acquired a Spongebob Squarepants t-shirt as well.

It's also not hard to find shirts to match my more feminine side. Shirts that look good and that make me feel good. Most girls will know what I'm talking about it. I have numerous shirts like that.

But it's hard to find shirts that show off my feminine side (even though I don't have a huge feminine side, I still have one) and show off my nerdy side at the same time. It's almost like the feminine nerd can't exist in t-shirt form.

I don't mind having these two sides, but it costs me twice as much money getting all this shirts! I could kill two birds with one stone if I could get a feminine shirt that is also nerdy. And I guess what I mean by feminine...well...with the Ralph shirt...it's for females, but a boy COULD wear it and it would still be alright.

Next, dealing with my love for symphonic metal and dark humour combined with the rest of me.

Maybe my personality is too mixed. Or maybe I shouldn't exist due to my inner personality conflicts.

No comments:

Post a Comment