Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Side Effect Fun

So this is my second day on my medication. So far, I'm noticing two major side effects. The first is nausea. Oh dear God, the nausea. At least, on a scale of 1-10, yesterday was a 7 or 8. Today's about a 4. If I'm in more of a lying down position, on an incline, it's down to about a 2. Not sure why. I'm sort of on an incline now.

The second side effect is the mental functioning. I've been calling it lucid, since it feels like the best word for it. When lucid, I'm feeling more normal. When I'm not lucid, I'm kinda loopy and my brain is fuzzy. It's kinda like my mind goes off the tracks and my mouth goes with it. It makes sense, but it's just a runaway train. I start and don't stop. If I don't verbalize it, it'll rotate in my head and it becomes a mess. Usually, that's not good. So right now, I don't like to be alone or have no way to say what's on my mind. I walked back from the doctor's earlier, alone and when I came back, my mind was gone.

I got a call from the clinic today and I start therapy on June 21st. I wish it was a bit earlier, but it's less than 2 weeks when you think about it. By that time, my pills will be taking more of an effect. I might print off my blog entries to show to them. I was told by my doctor that if I needed emergency help and I end up in a bad place, then to call them immediately. I won't lie. Seeing tomorrow is hard. Not that I don't feel like tomorrow won't happen, but when I think about tomorrow or much in the near future, it feels fuzzy. I don't know if that makes sense.

I really hope that the side effects are over soon. I hate feeling like this. It's like you're not in control of your mind which is a scary for me. I'll keep posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment